Drs. Zachary Campbell and Ted Price are seeking highly motivated postdoctoral scientists interested in understanding the molecular and cellular mechanisms of plasticity. As part of a recently funded R01 award, we are seeking trainees interested in the use of genomic methodologies and molecular biology to probe regulatory mechanisms in the context of pain.
- PhD in Neuroscience, Physiology, Pharmacology, or related field
- A minimum of two first author papers published or accepted in a peer-reviewed journal
- A firm background in behavior, murine genetics, surgery, basic biochemistry, basic molecular biology, imaging, and primary cell culture
- Creative thinking skills and a predisposition for problem solving
- A command of the neuroscience literature.
- Ability to work collaboratively with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency in the English language
- Innately curious
These additional qualities are highly desirable but not mandatory:
- Familiarity with the literature on translational control of neuronal plasticity
- Basic programming skills (Perl, MATLAB, Python)
- Specialized training in genomics, molecular biology, and translational control
- Next-generation sequencing and data interpretation
- Ribosome profiling, SEQRS, and CLIP methodologies
- Access to super-resolution imaging, 2 photon microscopy, spinning disc confocal, and cell sorting equipment
- Collaborative work environment
- Training in behavioral neuroscience and in vivo pharmacology
- Methods development
Successful candidates will report to Dr. Campbell, participate in joint laboratory meetings with the Pain Neurobiology Research Group at UT Dallas (Price and Dussor), and are encouraged to establish a mentoring committee. Prior postdoctoral scientists in the Pain Neurobiology Research Group at UT-Dallas have received pathway to independence awards (i.e., K awards) and successfully transitioned to faculty positions.
Interested candidates should submit the following: a letter describing their relevant experience, curriculum vitae, and contact information for two to three references here.