As a key member of the Pain & Symptomatic Therapeutic Area within the Neuroscience department, the successful candidate will have had experience leading drug discovery programs for novel treatments for pain or related diseases. The position will require 1) leading and serving as a core team member on drug discovery programs, and 2) managing a group of scientists who both lead and support preclinical drug discovery efforts at different stages of development including target identification and validation, lead identification and lead optimization. The successful candidate will be able to integrate data from in vitro and in vivo experiments towards the discovery and validation of target engagement, pharmacodynamic, and safety biomarkers of drug candidates.
The individual we are seeking will be an inspiring leader capable of motivating, energizing and leading junior colleagues and project teams. The individual will be expected to provide scientific and strategic input into the target portfolio, preclinical in vivo models and novel in vitro/ex vivo techniques supporting the programs. The individual will also be expected to champion and launch new initiatives and drive innovation.
- A PhD in pain, neuroscience, or a closely related subject with a minimum of 8 years of experience in academia or pharmaceutical industry.
- A strong track record of achievement and experience of working on programs aimed at identifying novel treatments for pain or related diseases.
- Experience leading drug discovery programs.
- Track record of high quality research in the field of pain biology.
- Proven ability to manage members of the department.
- Exposure to clinical development programs.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate in the laboratory using electrophysiology, biochemical and/or molecular biology assay skills.
- Experience developing practical research strategies, translate strategy into experiments, thrive in a team environment, communicate clearly and candidly, and work within high performing teams in a matrix organization.
Please click here if you are qualified and interested in applying for this position.