On Decemver 12, Brian Schmidt gave a talk on the mechanisms of cancer pain. After his talk, there was a panel discussion featuring:
- Brian Davis, University of Pittsburgh, US
- Durga (DP) Mohapatra, Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, US
- Judith Paice, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, US (moderator
Watch the webinar recording below.
Schmidt’s talk covered the following:
- Hypotheses regarding the causes of cancer pain
- Unique clinical aspects of cancer pain
- Challenges with studying the basic mechanisms of cancer pain
- Mediators in the cancer microenvironment that contribute to cancer pain
- Carcinogenesis and cancer pain
See previous PRF webinars here.