On April 16, Stephen McMahon and Franziska Denk, King’s College London, UK, gave a talk on the latest findings on pain epigenetics. After their talk, there was a panel discussion featuring:
- Chas Bountra, University of Oxford, UK
- Santina Chiechio, University of Catania, Italy
- Laura Stone, McGill University, Montreal, Canada (moderator)
Watch the webinar recording below (and see written summary here).
Topics addressed during this webinar included:
- Introduction to epigenetic mechanisms
- Involvement and importance of epigenetic mechanisms in chronic pain
- Examples of current research in the field of pain epigenetics
- Challenges for the field
“Pain Epigenetics: Current Research and Future Challenges” is the seventh in a new series of PRF webinars supported by Genentech and MedImmune, with additional site support from other PRF sponsors. All webinars and other site content on PRF are editorially independent; all editorial decisions are made solely by the PRF editors. See previous PRF webinars here.