On November 24, Nathaniel Katz, Analgesic Solutions, Natick, US, gave a talk on factors important for clinical trial testing of new pain medications. After his talk, there was a panel discussion featuring:
- Malca Resnick, Pfizer, New York, US
- Märta Segerdahl, H. Lundbeck A/S, Valby, Denmark
- Daniel Carr, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, US (moderator)
Watch the webinar recording below
Topics addressed by Katz during his talk included:
- What are the relative contributions of study design, study conduct, and drug effect to the observed effect size of analgesics?
- What is evidence-based clinical trial design?
- What factors impact assay sensitivity of clinical trials?
- What tools are available to monitor and improve the quality of clinical trial conduct?
“Design and Conduct of Clinical Trials of Analgesics” is the third in a new series of PRF webinars supported by Genentech and MedImmune, with additional site support from other PRF sponsors. All webinars and other site content on PRF are editorially independent; all editorial decisions are made solely by the PRF editors. See previous PRF webinars here.