The PRF webinar with speaker William Schmidt is now available for viewing. Access the presentation and panel discussion below.
Schmidt, of NorthStar Consulting, Davis, California, US, gave a talk on issues related to the development of new analgesic drugs. After his talk, there was a panel discussion featuring:
- Stephen Arneric, Eli Lilly, Indianapolis, US
- Joseph Pergolizzi, Jr., Naples, Florida, US
- Charles Inturrisi, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, US (moderator)
Watch the webinar recording below
Topics addressed by Schmidt during his talk included:
- What are the challenges that companies face in efforts to develop new analgesics?
- How can we move safer and more effective analgesic drugs to market?
- Recent history of analgesic drug development, including history of FDA approval of NSAIDs
- New NSAIDs and opioids in development as examples of how progress is being made
- Use of predictive biomarkers for safety and efficacy testing
- Promising approaches beyond traditional opioids and NSAIDs
“Building a Better Aspirin: The Frontiers of Pain Medicine Development” is the first in a new series of PRF webinars supported by Genentech and MedImmune, with additional site support from other PRF sponsors. All webinars and other site content on PRF are editorially independent; all editorial decisions are made solely by the PRF editors.