The June 26 webinar with speaker Andreas Goebel is now available for viewing. Access the presentation and panel discussion below.
Goebel, of the University of Liverpool and The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust, Liverpool, UK, gave a talk on autoimmune causes of chronic pain. After his talk, there was a panel discussion featuring:
- Anne Louise Oaklander, Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, US, and PRF science advisor
- Nathan Staff, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, US
- Angela Vincent, University of Oxford, UK
- Marzia Malcangio, King's College London, UK (moderator)
Watch the webinar recording below
Topics addressed by Goebel during his talk, titled Autoantibody Pain, included:
- What is the evidence for a role of autoantibodies in causing chronic pain?
- How can serendipity be utilized to learn more?
- Overview on potential mechanisms of autoantibody pain.
- What are the therapeutic implications of this novel concept?
- How can we begin to deliver the evidence required for treatment of patients?
Want some background reading? See the recent papers and PRF news stories under Related Content in the right column of this page. And join the conversation about the webinar on Twitter @PainResForum #PRFWebinar
“Autoimmune Causes of Chronic Pain” is the ninth in a series of PRF webinars supported by the Mayday Fund. See previous webinars.